Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Here's something I've done lately...

Yes, I actually HAVE done something lately! In fact, that's why it's been so quiet around here.

I got a commision (hi, JRC!) to make a series of 50 embroidered and sewn fabric sleeves for a limited-edition 7" record. (Yes, I said record.) I converted the Five Three Dial Tone logo to PES format myself, for use with my Sofia. Then embroidered and sewed all 50 in some of the most garish and ridiculous fabrics imaginable. The selections were JRC's doing. Also the glow-in-the-dark embroidery thread was all JRC.

They turned out well, considering I did the embroidery without stabilizer (to keep costs down). The sleeves are not lined, but all seams are contained in French seams.

I hear the release party went well, and that the records were "flying off the shelf." I couldn't make the party myself because I was committed to the big Steampunk Expo that same night. Yes, I made something to wear to that, too... which I'll try to get photos of sometime. The only pics I have so far include me, and are just too... weird to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics